Reporting to the Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, this role is responsible for the complete financial planning for all products. Key responsibilities include the management and development of complex financial models to deliver financial forecasts and provide variance reporting/explanations. The senior manager is also required to design and contribute to profit improvement programs through strategic financial advice and guidance to management. Other duties also include the preparation of proforma business plans, regulatory reporting and analysis of consolidated information for use in management or external reporting. The incumbent should be adept at working and problem solving autonomously, using their experience and skill to improve upon existing models, reporting and processes that support the FP&A function.
About the Opportunity
- Accountable for the management, creation and accuracy of the company’s forecasts, annual budget and long range plan, based on collaboration with and input from all business stakeholders
- Setting deliverable dates and managing the delivery of the financial plan through performance reporting
- Perform mandatory quarterly and annual stress testing for the ICAAP in order to comply with regulatory requirements
- Ensure that the financial models pass audits and continuously ensure that the forecasting is accurately reflecting future performance through validation
- Manage relationships with key business stakeholders to provide the business teams with key performance indicators and exchange information and ideas on how to improve future business performance
- Manage the reporting of business performance and variance analysis, which includes the measurement of the income statement (all revenue and expense lines), balance sheet, cash flow statement, regulatory ratios and key business metrics, and identification of opportunities and risks to plan
- Development of business cases, project prioritization and analysis, business re-engineering opportunities, initiative tracking, and various investment analyses
- Oversee and manage the output from the data/financial analytics team to ensure accuracy of the daily reporting for all business units, and the monthly data that feeds the financial models for all business units
- CPA preferred or MBA or Economics degree
- 2-3 years’ experience in progressive roles, in FP&A
- Demonstrated business partnership and influencing skills with stakeholders
- Exceptional analysis and computer skills (Excel, SAP, Essbase, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to effectively assess data and identify key trends, opportunities and risks
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to successfully work in a fast paced, results oriented and dynamic environment
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24973.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.