About the Company
Our client is a full-service contract research organization, and they are looking for a Full Stack Java Developer.
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for the design, development, unit testing, systems testing, release, deployment and maintenance of custom built Java web-applications to meet established client and system requirements
- Work closely with clients, and cross-functional team members to understand business and technical requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions
- Provide client support and consultation for development, integration as well as advice in areas of expertise Perform unit-level testing of system components and fix bugs
- Develop and review supporting technical specifications, design and documentations to ensure completeness
- Provide code maintenance and support across testing / validation cycles and post-production deployment
- Participate in user training and demonstrations of the web application products on an as-needed basis
- Support project estimating / planning processes. Ensure adherence to system development life cycle standards
- Participate in the evaluation, implementation, and documentation of existing and new web-based business solutions
- Contribute to the architectural design and development of a modern, strategic web-based application infrastructure
- Implementation of improved encryption standards for communications to and from secure server applications, optimize web security infrastructure for user authentication and authorization to controlled components
- Adhere to software development process frameworks and tools (including change control, quality assurance procedures) using leading practices, design patterns, and methodologies
- Perform database design, modeling, and database maintenance
- Identify and implement security measures for internet applications infrastructure
- Perform system validation requirements and procedures for web application
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields
- Eight or more years of experience in relevant field
- Architecting re-usable and extendable web based solutions
- Understanding and applying J2EE security, Concurrency, Transactions, Session Management, J2EE Patterns, and Frameworks to application solutions
- Broad experience with various computing platforms (Unix and Windows)
- Experience with Architecture and Design patterns
- Experience with component-based development
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Software development frameworks and methodologies, including SDLC, Waterfall, and Agile delivery methods
$80,000 - $105,000
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30452.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.