About the Company
The Company is one of the largest, most diverse clean power producers in North America. They are looking for a Finance Controller who will be accountable for providing direct support to the site/unit senior management team and to advance the Vice President, Finance and Chief Controller's mandate to act as a partner to business units and corporate groups, providing effective value-added support for customer needs.
Why Work Here
- Work for a world-class company with ability to promote within the finance team quickly for passionate, dedicated individuals
- Vibrant, friendly, fast-paced culture
- Many employee perks and events
- Highly educated professionals
About the Opportunity
- Ensure that site/unit strategic and tactical plans are aligned with goals and objectives.
- Operate in a consultative role to site/unit management for all matters relating to financial management and accounting guidance.
- Provide operational and financial reports to support management decisions.
- Provide the correct interpretation of the Organizational Authority Register and other key finance governing documents.
- Financial Management and Internal Control
- Provide proactive advice and guidance to line management related to matters impacting financial results and risk mitigation strategies.
- Work with site/unit management to establish policies, programs, processes, systems and standards to implement approved corporate strategies.
- Advocate fiscal responsibility, and ensure best practices are employed in financial management, planning, and in setting operational performance measures.
- Assist in providing financial risk and value assessments related to base operating activities and outages, business cases, projects, contracts, and life-cycle planning.
- Develop and implement internal control measures to safeguard all assets within the business unit's control.
- Act as the key point of contact during financial audits, and other business related initiatives such the OEB filing, financial performance improvement initiatives, peer reviews and benchmarking studies etc.
- Oversee the appropriateness and effectiveness of internal controls and risk policy compliance procedures for all transactions
- Be the financial process owner for the orderly and efficient month/year end 'closing of the books' and timely and accurate preparation of financial statements for the Business Unit operations within strict accounting practices and principles.
- Production of periodic financial and cost reports and production of operation reports e.g. Base, Outage, Project, MFA and Capital Projects, Daily Profit and Loss and mark to market reports (as applicable) etc.
- Completion of audits/self assessments of the Business and Travel expenses (Concur), and Purchase Card expenses.
- Establishing strategies, policies, processes, systems, and standards for business planning, forecasting and budgeting. Overseeing the business planning and budgeting processes and work with site/unit leadership to ensure that the business plan is aligned with corporate business direction and vision.
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of the presentation and supporting material of the business plan to the various stakeholders.
- Assisting line management to develop performance measures and Annual Incentive Plans by establishing both financial and non-financial targets and also in the preparation and analysis of Business Case Summaries to support investment decisions.
- Support periodic benchmarking studies aimed at improving the competitive edge, and provide professional insight into comparative industry practices, and issues pertaining to performance reporting.
- Acting as liaison between the business unit and all other corporate finance functions as required (e.g. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Risk, Taxation, Planning).
- 7 years of experience is required. Experience gained within a business partnering function in a regulated environment is preferred.;
- 2+ years of management experience effectively leading, influencing, and motivating a team of accounting department is required;
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS, identifying key issues and assessing alternative solutions;
- Advanced knowledge of financial planning and analysis;
$130,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #329846.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.