About the Company
Our client is a leading company providing a wide range of catering and event services. They are currently looking for a Director of Finance to take on duties related to FP&A and forward-looking strategic work.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Work closely with a dynamic leadership team
- Lots of room to grow as the business grows
About the Opportunity
- Assisting in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans
- Working with Operations and Management on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters
- Working with the President/CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships
- Participating in developing new business, specifically: assisting in the identification of new business opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining the cost-effectiveness of prospective service delivery
- Ensuring adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent audits
- Providing the Executive Leadership Team with an operating budget
- Working with the President to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support
- Overseeing the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets
- Overseeing all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants
- Developing and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs
- Any designation or an MBA
- Manager-level or above
- Previous experience with FP&A or Controllership
- Strong preference for Hospitality (Retail/Real Estate) experience
- Experience working for a company with operations in Canada and the US is an asset
- Business cases/financial modelling experience is an asset
$115,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #28667.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.