About the Company
Our client is a food manufacturer. They are looking for a Director of Finance to be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of financial statements. In addition, they will advise the business on all accounting related matters and report results.
Why Work Here
- Profitable and growing company
- High growth
- Technology forward private company with a positive family friendly culture
About the Opportunity
- Lead the period end close process and preparation of advisory board materials
- Manage the chart of accounts in support of all affiliated businesses
- Advise the business on all accounting related matters and ensure 100% compliance with all relevant accounting standards
- Consolidate and report results across all lines of business and operating jurisdictions within 5 business days following the close of the period.
- Manage audit, tax, banking and treasury functions and engage with external advisory partners as required (bank, audit, etc.)
- Manage working capital and liquidity position
- Ensure the responsible use of all credit facilities
- Ensure that the company remains in good standing relative to debt covenant obligations
- Minimize tax exposure and ensure that financial statements remain in good standing with external audit and advisory partners
- Manage A/R and A/P functions and maintain performance within target parameters
- Optimize utilization of current financial systems capabilities
- Lead the annual planning and quarterly forecast process
- Provide decision support through business case analytics
- Supports all food safety initiatives, including (but not limited to) BRCGS, HACCP, GMPs, Allergens, GFCP, Kosher, Halal, Customer Requirements (Such as Costco standards and Kraft Standards)
- Conduct regular meetings with Finance team members including one-on-ones and daily huddles
- Prepare 30-60-90 day plan for new hires as needed
- Prepare annual score cards for all Finance team members
- 10 years of experience in Finance or related field
- Well-rounded Controllership with some business partnering/FP&A
- Microsoft Dynamics, Navision, or Business Central experience is an asset
$145,000 to $155,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30722
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.