About the Company
Our client is a leading company providing network services in the interactive software industry. They are currently looking for a Director, FP&A to lead the finance function and be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, financial modelling and KPI analysis to business unit leaders.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package
- 3 weeks vacation, 8 personal days, benefits starting Day 1, RRSP matching, and CPA dues covered
- A mix of start-up feel and stability, with a strong financial backing and many years in business
- Close-knit group, strong Finance team culture, inclusive and diverse
- Core IT infrastructure, not impacted by COVID, record year in terms of local (Canadian) growth
About the Opportunity
- Provide leadership to the financial planning and analysis team, focusing on continual performance improvement, staff development and mentoring
- Lead and own all the company’s FP&A activities including budgeting, forecasting, data analytics and related management reporting activities
- Ensure continuous improvement of the budgeting process on financial issues impacting their budgets, including identifying ways in which to minimize costs and maximize performance
- Lead monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis of P&L results and KPIs to business unit leaders, including budget to actual variance analysis
- Present at quarterly stakeholder meetings with leaders communicating reasons behind the product/department performance and results
- Establish measurable KPIs and track performance against them
- Identify risks and opportunities through a financial lens and make appropriate recommendations
- Partner with the Controllership team and other members of the Finance team on the monthly close process and financial and Board reporting
- Develop and enhance the company’s FP&A foundation leveraging appropriate systems and controls that will allow the business to grow effectively over the next several years
- Hold team members accountable for deliverables while maintaining culture
- Perform ad hoc reporting, analysis and projects as required
- Experience in Manager or Senior Manager positions and above
- FP&A, Financial Modelling Experience
- Experience in SaaS/Software/Tech/High Growth Industry
- Experience in leadership positions managing people
- CPA/MBA is an asset
- Knowledge of US GAAP is an asset
$130,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29454.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.