About the Company
Our client is a large regulatory body operating in the financial services industry. They are currently seeking a Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, to manage and execute the planning, analysis, and reporting functions of the organization.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- The working environment is professional, diverse and tenured
- The company has high standards with regards to the quality of work, attention to detail and process control
About the Opportunity
- Lead the budget, forecast and 3-year outlook, guiding the finance team and engaging key stakeholders
- Oversee analysis of variances to budget to understand drivers, update projections and identify corrective actions
- Provide leadership to team members to support business partnering to high financial impact areas
- Lead the preparation of insightful financial materials, memos and reports for senior management, the Board and its committees
- Present financial reports and projections to internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with the Finance Operations team on the monthly close process to support completeness and accuracy
- Lead the delivery of the annual Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) by incorporating financial analysis, leveraging business insights and engaging key stakeholders
- Provide strategic financial analysis and insights to support impacts of industry transformation and ensure cost recovery model fairness and sustainability
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to update Fee Model Guidelines as required
- Manage, coach and develop senior and junior financial analysts; recruit, engage and retain top talent
- Oversight and ownership of technology solutions to meet cost allocation, planning, analysis and reporting needs, including accountability for effective use, access control, upgrades and integrations that enhance operational effectiveness
- Oversee fixed assets, project accounting and the capitalization policy
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and tools to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness
- CPA (CPA, CA preferred)
- Experience leading all (or significant) portions of corporate FP&A functions
- Financial Services industry experience
- 10+ years total experience, 3+ years in Manager level positions
- People management experience
$140,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29558.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.