ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR OF FINANCE OPERATIONS THAT OFFERS A GREAT DEAL OF FLEXIBILITY, REWARDS, AND RECOGNITION? Our client is looking for a strong Director of Finance Operations to join their team.
Director, Finance Operations
The Director Finance is responsible for managing Finance Operations and compliance and control functions of the department to ensure the safe custody of the financial assets of the company. The Director acts as an assistant to the Vice President in the management of the overall functions within the department.
About the Opportunity
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of financial and management information to aid effective reporting for the organization
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and advice management of changes and implications for planning
- Oversee initiatives to enhance the operations and improve controls of the finance department
- Continuously seek ways to improve Finance operations effectiveness and implement changes required by internal or external audit reviews
- Contribute to the operational and capital budgeting process
- Provide analytical support to the VP and SVP, Finance, as well as other departments, to aid decision making
- Review and oversee the implementation of accounting policies, procedures
- Ensure that process and system internal controls are in place and working accurately
- Ensure full compliance with tax laws and statutory requirements
- Ensure effective review and use of technology and processes to meet departmental and organizational goals Manage the year-end and external audit process and produce year-end and quarterly financial statements
- Ensure effective financial review of capital investments and Cash and Treasury management
- Ensure effective management and review of Finance transaction processing functions, payroll and pension
- Ensure effective selection, management and development of department staff
- Contribute towards strategic objectives and participate in long-term planning
- Professional accounting designation
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Finance Department in a leadership role with extensive experience in financial operations (including payroll) and controls
- Experience in building and managing an effective team
- Experience in communicating with various business units, managing year-end audits, tax audits and dealing with auditors and external entities.
- Advanced financial and management reporting and analysis skills with a strong knowledge of GAAP
- A sound knowledge of taxation
- Superior knowledge of information systems, accounting processes and controls
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Change management and business process skills
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively engage with senior management and business heads
- Strong management and staff development skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #20128.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.