About the Company
Our client is an insurance company. They are looking for a Director, Finance to join their finance team.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Great work life balance
- It is all about getting work done, lots of flexibility in the office
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Manage the financial reporting for the parent company and oversee required changes as the business grows.
- Develop a deep understanding of key business drivers and effectively communicate to key stakeholders, including the Leadership Team through regular reporting and ad-hoc deliverables
- Develop and manage the financial evaluation process for new initiatives to determine the potential return on investments
- Manage the creation of monthly KPI dashboards for new lines of business for Management
- Coordinate new LOBs presentations and commentary on financial and operational results Manage staff working on the quarterly forecast updates for the new lines of business
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports for the Board and ancillary reporting related to specific financial statement disclosures.
- Research new accounting standards and facilitate the transition and implementation to meet regulatory requirements.
- Manage the provincial tax filings for monthly, quarterly and annual requirements
- On-going evaluation of company’s financial reporting systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and provide recommendations for changes as needed.
- Provide capital management insight and analysis on an ongoing basis to support the expansion of the business.
- Work with actuarial group as required to review new projects and facilitate data changes as needed.
- Manage changes to the internal controls for audit purposes
- Insurance industry experience from the past or current
- Knowledge in IFRS17
- Hybrid experience coming from Industry
- Management experience for at least 2 years
Senior Managers: 140,000
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #345956.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.