About the Company
Our client is a growing organization in the insurance industry. They are looking for an Accounting Manager who will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial records/statements.
Why Work Here
- Fast-paced culture, many ongoing projects for staff to participate and make a difference
- Extra hours necessary during month-ends, budgeting & forecasting periods and when taking on ad-hoc projects
- Lots of opportunity for promotion and growth in role and company
About the Opportunity
- Prepare, manage, and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: month-end and year-end process; accounts payable/receivable; general ledger; payroll and utilities; budgeting; revenue and expenditure variance analysis; trust account statement reconciliations, and debt activity
- Review full cycle bookkeeping duties for entities within the corporate group including preparation of monthly reporting packages
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and prepare quarterly and annual financial reports or statements for affiliated companies.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Coordinate and conduct annual internal audits and examine financial records to check for accuracy.
- Comply with provincial & federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data
- Support CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Update job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks
- CPA or CPA in-progress
- Fluent in Cantonese
- 3 years working experience in private corporation with full-cycle accounting
- Private company accounting standards experience (ASPE) experience
- Strong technical skills.
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 30237
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.