ARE YOU A BI ARCHITECT READY FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? Our client is looking for an experienced individual to join their team.
BI Architect (Microsoft)
This position is a key part of the Business Intelligence team which is responsible for delivering best-in-class analytical data solutions. This position will have a senior role in data warehouse projects and reporting system maintenance, with opportunities to develop innovative solutions and explore new technologies. You will be accountable for creating and supporting the development of the overall long-term strategies and direction, defining and governing architecture principles and standards, and developing business and technology oriented reference models to optimize the use of BI Solutions and information at the firm, to support both transactional and decision making capabilities.
About the Opportunity
- Participate in the entire lifecycle for Business Intelligence Solution Delivery
- Design, build, document and manage data warehouse objects
- Design and develop ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Assist with BI Solution (DBMS, SSIS, SSAS) architecture and performance tuning
- Develop, test and deliver error free data
- Stay abreast of BI industry best practices and relevant new technologies
- Additional job duties (including but not limited to):
- Design and develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Design and develop OLAP Cubes and Tabular models using Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Perform technical analysis documentation
- Ability to work independently (as well as within a team environment) and unsupervised
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings
- 8+ years developing Business Intelligence solutions
- 6+ years developing solutions using the MS SQL Server Business Intelligence Stack in conjunction with large multi-platform ERP and financial systems serving as data sources
- Knowledge and experience in the development of data warehouse architectures for large volume reporting solutions
- Experience in designing data models to support reporting and analysis. Knowledge of industry accepted design techniques including Star, and third normal form schemas
- Experience in providing technical leadership to project team members and BI consumers
- Database development experience with MS SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience in multiple reporting tools such as MS-SSRS or Tableau reports utilizing both relational and multidimensional tool architectures
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #17773.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.