About the Company
Our client provides recycling solutions for electronics for their customers. They are looking to add an Assistant Controller to partner with the operations team to assess the financial impact of key business decisions and alternatives and provide operational analysis and insights to operations and other stakeholders.
Why Work Here
- Good work-life balance in a culture with many self-motivated, team player type individuals that are very supportive of one another in the workplace
- Business is growing rapidly.
- Company is looking to move this position into a full Controllership position in as little as one year
About the Opportunity
- Assist the Controller with oversight of daily operation of the accounting department, including preparing monthly financial reports and analysis, treasury and cash management functions, internal controls, operational reports, annual audit, and government remittances
- Accurate and timely analysis of monthly management accounts
- Strong, well-documented financial controls over all operational areas is required
- Development, the maintenance and the continuous improvement of a policy and procedure manual (or “system”) to be implemented and adhered to
- Support the Controller and CFO by preparing operational and financial analyses, forecasts, key metrics reporting, and dashboard reports, and assisting with the annual budget
- Ensure key financial and control initiatives are carried out, and recommendations for improvement are made and executed
- Foster a company culture of cost-consciousness, teamwork, and profitability through demonstrated actions, specific cost control processes, and business insights and analysis
- Create an environment of innovation through continuous improvement and carry out finance department improvement projects, the objectives of which include improved management reporting and cash flow analysis & forecasting
- CPA designation required
- Full-Cycle Accounting and Financial Reporting experience
- Manufacturing or related field experience (from audit experience or industry experience)
- Large ERP experience (SAP preferred but will also look at other ERP experience)
- People Management experience
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 30473
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.