The Accounts Payable Clerk will report to the Manager of Corporate Accounting and will be responsible for processing corporate-related invoices, facilitating timely payment of vendor and intercompany payables, providing administrative support to the Corporate Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be well organized, detailed oriented and hard-working. They also must feel comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
About the Opportunity
- Facilitate the full cycle of accounts payable including: posting payable journal entries, cheque issuance, responding to enquiries from vendors and vendor account reconciliation for corporate entities
- Complete corporate credit card reconciliation packages and coordinate timely payment
- Facilitate processing of employee expense reimbursements
- Assist Corporate Accountant with recording of portfolio investment holdings, as required
- Complete banking forms required to open new accounts or update existing ones
- Scan and file all invoices that have been processed and paid
- Support the accounting team with financial analysis, retrieval of information and various ad-hoc projects, as required
- University or college education, with specialty in Accounting or Business Administration
- One-to-two years of experience in a similar role
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when business needs dictate
- Self-starter attitude with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highest degree of integrity, honesty and commitment to professionalism
- Strong communication skills with an ability to present information in a clear manner
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize and multitask to meet time sensitive deadlines
$40,000 - $50,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28572.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.