We are hiring a Python developer to join our client's small development team. This role will be working with a lot of different technologies, we are looking for a 'generalist' developer vs a Python-focused individual.
This person will be involved in many internal projects across the organization, including full stack, backend, web applications dealing with automation, workflows, data solutions.
About the Opportunity
- Designing, testing, and modifying applications / code (Perl, Python, PhP)
- Working with RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Working with Git/Docker
- Evaluating code to ensure it has validity, compatibility, and that it meets appropriate standards.
- Troubleshooting issues uncovered by testing or user feedback
- Providing support for unexpected problems in locally developed applications
- Keeping well-informed on current technologies, big data, best practices and industry standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years of recent and related experience with application programming, application design, and building Web based applications including big data
- Experience with analysis/design techniques using database, back-end and multiple browser platforms.
- Strong application development experience with Python, Perl and/or PHP
- Exposure to Flask web application framework is a bonus
- Experience with Docker or similar tools is an asset
- Demonstrable knowledge creating RESTful web APIs
- Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented development and framework
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development, unit testing, and clean code
- Knowledge of Git source control or similar
- Experience with planning and tracking components of IT projects
- Working knowledge of relational database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and application-to-database connection tools and methods
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Exposure to IT networking protocols and servers is an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
$80,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28103.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.