About the Company
Our client is a Private manufacturing Company that is in the startup / growth phase.
They are looking for a VP Finance, reporting to the Founder and CEO who will play a key role in managing and enabling this growth of the business while ensuring financial performance of the organization going forward.
Why Work Here
- Growing/ Entrepreneurial Company
- Startup Company and looking to continue to grow
- Hands on environment
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the full accounting cycle and monthly financial close process, ensuring compliance with ASPE
- Monitor and analyze monthly financial statements, provide and further develop management & performance reports
- Develop KPI’s / Dashboards for all functional areas and work with Sales and Operations teams on identifying and realizing value
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare variance reports (standard cost).
- Monitor and manage working capital, in particular with regard to inventory and supply chain
- Develop with the CEO short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the organization, ensuring that they are aligned with overall strategy and mission
- Manage the development of the annual operating and capital budget as an extension of the organization’s strategic objectives, provide quarterly forecasts
- Closely monitor cost, capital spending, cash flows and budgets to ensure the business is on plan and any challenges or opportunities are identified and action plans developed
- Identify and manage risks associated with changes in the business as it relates to the company’s growth and profitability
- Review, develop and continuously improve financial controls
- Over time, develop professional relationships with our bankers, lawyers, advisors, and external auditors.
- Liaise with banks, provide reports such as borrowing base calculations
- Direct annual audit, liaise with auditor
- Advise on the Company’s information technology development, including digitization of business processes to identify opportunities for improvements or efficiencies
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and costing environment/Accounting
- 10+ years of related experience in a Director or Vice President position
- Implementation and / or working experience with Oracle Netsuite ERP is an asset
$140,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #296857.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.