Reporting to the Senior Accountant, you’ll participate in all functions in the accounting department, as your role is mainly focused on transactional processing, but also has an administrative component. You’ll be responsible for managing the accounts receivable portfolio, processing accounts payable adhering to corporate policies, and answering phones and sorting mail. As you learn from the Controller, you’ll share your knowledge with team members and find ways to use technology to enhance service delivery.
About the Opportunity
- Perform daily/weekly accounting activities like bank reconciliations, leases/rent accounting, month-end close, and monthly regulatory filings for HST and taxes
- Prepare statements, invoices, reports, debit/credit memos, cheques, wire transfers, EFT payments, etc.
- Answer invoicing inquiries, resolve disputes, and make collection calls as needed
- Full cycle accounts payable (e.g., reviewing invoices, approving, and logging)
- Reconcile employee expenses with credit card statements
- Maintain an updated and accurate filing system of accounting/financial records (e.g., lease contracts, customer invoices, vendor payments, etc.)
- Prepare working papers for financial audits and internal reporting
- Support the team during month-end with account reconciliations/journal entries
- Administrative duties such as answering phones, sorting/sending mail, sending invoice reminders via phone and email to collect receivables, and verifying that transactions comply with financial procedures
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or finance
- Experience in accounts payable and general accounting procedures
- Experience with data entry and data management
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with administrative tasks like answering phones and greeting guests would be an asset
- Experience with ERP systems is an asset
- Experience in the leasing, insurance, or real estate industry is an asset
$18 - $23/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25811.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.