About the Company
Our client is a leader in the development and management sector of the real estate industry. They are looking for a Senior Property Accountant to maintain, prepare, analyze and report accurate financial statements for both internal and external use.
Why Work Here
- Calm, laid-back and supportive working environment
- Great work/life balance, flexible working hours
- Opportunities for progression within the organization.
About the Opportunity
- Maintain the G/L and working paper files for all cost centres by posting journal entries, preparing financial statements for audit and reconciling bank accounts
- Plan operating budget for property by preparing supporting schedules, variance analysis and coordinating with other departments
- Process tenant year-end realty tax and CAM billings, percentage rent monthly and year-end invoicing by reconciling expenses, preparing statements for audit, variance analysis, tenant spreadsheets, shortfall analysis and interim billings
- Prepare monthly management report package for co-owners including various reports, detailed schedules and variance analysis by coordinating with other departments
- Manage financial resources associated with projects or other financial transactions
- Handle and track larger amounts of cash or payments
5 years related experience in a real estate or property management environment
Solid understanding of financial reporting requirements, budget planning and forecasting and accounting policy and procedures
Previous experience with Yardi is an asset
$70,000 - $800,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #28148.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role