About the Opportunity
The Senior Payroll Specialist will be a valuable member in a team processing the full cycle payroll processing for our 2100+ Canadian and US employees, ensuring that processes are executed properly and in a timely manner. This role will be a customer focused position who provides transactional services and expert advice to employees, managers and HR Business Partners. He/she will operate as the subject matter expert to resolve issues and continuously looks for improvements in operational processes and designs and implements those initiatives.
The ideal individual possesses a friendly and approachable personality, a proactive, enthusiastic attitude combined with strong expertise in Payroll. We are looking for someone that has a positive influence on the people around them, and who is focused on personal results and delivering consistent outcomes.
- Work with other team members and process full cycle payroll processing for a multi-Province/State Canadian and US Payroll (Weekly, Biweekly, Union, Non-Union Hourly, Salaried Exempt, Salaried Non-Exempt) to ensure employees are paid accurately and timely
- Manage and prepare Year End process, reconcile and balance year end data (EHT, WSIB, etc) and produce T4 and W2 statements accurately and timely
- Deliver execution of various Payroll operational requirements including Payroll journal entries, Payroll remittances and filings, etc
- Comply with federal, state/province, and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements
- Act as main point of contact to the Payroll third party providers for both the daily operations and special events/issues
- Act as main point of contact to the Payroll time system provider for both the daily operations and special events/issues
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning Payroll Specialists and following up on work results. Optimizes the contribution of the team through planning and implementing workable solutions and quality control measures to business issues/problems
- Build and manage effective internal/external client relationships within areas of responsibility
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies. Maintain payroll guidelines by assessing and improving processes and procedures
- Participate in testing Oracle HCM during system upgrades
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related program; PCP certified. CPM/CPP certified an asset.
- Strong technical skills, advanced excel skills
- Strong organization skills, time management skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers.
- Ability to effectively work with team members
- Experience in a shared service environment and solid understanding of different relating function areas (HR, Absence, Benefits, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple clients
- French a strong asset
- Experience with Oracle HCM, Kronos an asset
$70,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30535.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.