About the Company
Our client is a multinational steel manufacturing corporation. They are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor who will manage significant parts of the overall audit (from the planning phase to the completion of the audit and the closing meeting).
Why Work Here
- Lots of opportunity to progress for strong performance
- Open door policy
- Free access to three onsite fitness centers and a 70-acre recreation park with multiple arenas, fields and organized sports for you and your family
About the Opportunity
- Participate in the risk assessment process under the direction of the Global Assurance Manager or Supervisor for identifying projects for inclusion in the risk-based audit plan and for SOx planning purposes.
- Perform projects (internal audits, advisory services, agile reviews) in the risk-based plan under the direction of the Global Assurance Manager and/or Supervisor. This will particularly include:
- Comply with methodology, IIA Standards and documentation requirements in performing projects.
- Participate in the planning for a project.
- Gain an understanding and document controls in the project scope through walk-throughs and flowcharts or narratives.
- Test design adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Identify and recommend improvements in internal controls and value addition opportunities.
- Participate in the discussion of the results of the testing and the recommendations raised with the process owners/managers
- Participate in the writing of the draft audit report.
- Participate in the periodic follow-ups of recommendations.
- Identify cost recoveries and value additions.
- Perform SOx compliance testing under the direction of the Global Assurance Manager or Supervisor.
- Perform special assignments at the request of the Region Head.
- Use data analytic procedures in assessing risks and testing to improve the extent and effectiveness in testing controls and increase the testing coverage in searching for any errors or unusual transactions.
- Keep up with emerging technologies and provide suggestions to N+1 for integrating such technologies into Audit, and SOx activities in assigned region.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with management in assigned region to:
- Facilitate the resolution of conflicts between the region team and management if necessary.
- To provide management with feedback on Global Assurance and company matters.
- Develop and maintain a broad internal and external network.
- 3+ years’ internal audit experience in a large manufacturing company or statutory audits
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of accounting/finance principles and computer systems
- Advanced to Expert knowledge and orientation to risk and control principles
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of audit-related administrative processes, procedures and techniques
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #323510.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.