About the Company
Our client is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, Costing who will be responsible for analysis of standard part costs, inventory, CAPEX and cost reduction initiatives, including month end reporting and forecasting.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Growth and Promotional opportunities in the role and in company
- Regular employee recognition and appreciation initiatives
- Close knit team environment with hands-off management approach
- Perform standard cost rolls and analyses of materials standard costs and other inputs to the bill of materials; present data to Finance and Operations, including insight on potential corrective actions and forecasting compared to Plan.
- Cost rolls and other updates for part transitions and offloading changes.
- Liaise with Supply Chain on matters relating to part costs, supplier non-standard charges, escalations, supplier chargebacks, supplier cost analysis, and other.
- Partner with Supply Chain & Operations teams to improve SIOP, optimize inventory, minimize E&O & scrap by conducting monthly financial reviews. Coordinate E&O and aged WIP reserve analysis, physical inventory process and SOX documentation.
- Perform various month end activities, including journal entries, HFM fixed asset schedules, restructuring reporting, to tight deadlines.
- Perform account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Process entries related to restructuring projects.
- Financial reporting of capital, depreciation, inventory, and cost reduction.
- Support preparers of capital appropriation requests with financial analysis and capital process guidance.
- Support month-end, forecasting and planning of capital plans.
- Apply continuous improvement methodologies to support the financial aspects of the manufacturing costing process, and other finance processes in general.
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley and other audit compliance activities, reporting, and analysis.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 3+ years of Accounting/ Costing background with exposure working with Inventory, Supply Chain, Operations, etc.
- Experience working in a medium to large size company
- Working in an internationally owned (ie. US based) company preferred
- Excellent general and cost accounting skills (ie. Month-end, analysis, inventory analysis, etc)
Up to $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 369346
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.