About the Company
Our client is an organization in the Financial Services/ Banking industry. They are looking for a high performing accounting professional with a strong background in accounting. This person will support the Controller, assisting with month-end (40%) trust reconciliations (40%) and ad-hoc (20%); including mentoring junior staff, sales tax returns, and overall improvement of process efficiencies.
Why Work Here
- Growing company with opportunity of involvement and progression within the company
- Small/hard working team
About the Opportunity
- Month-end close, including month end entries and reconciliations as well as verification of the accuracy of P&L accounts in an accurate and timely manner
- Monthly revenue reconciliations
- Create sales commission reports
- Trust liabilities and transfer clearance GL analysis
- Prepare various sales tax returns and regulatory requirements, including compliance reporting and remittances
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations for key accounts, including proper support and investigation of discrepancies
- Mentor/coach of junior finance staff within team
- Prepare monthly sales tax returns
- Review all intercompany transactions
- CPA is an asset
- 4+ years previous applicable industry experience. Financial Services/ Banking industry preferred
- Strong working knowledge with an Accounting System/ ERP
$70,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28993.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.