This is a very well-rounded position that the successful candidate will grow into. The Senior Accountant role will not only provide beneficial support for the finance operations but will also play a significant role in business operations. This position will be a key player in managing the region's accounting transactions, statutory reporting requirements and joint venture reporting. They will work closely with the global teams, as well as accounting, tax, and legal firms to identify and implement process improvements and documentation and assist in complying with the region's regulations.
About the Opportunity
- Statutory reporting: compile financial statements reporting packages under IFRS
- Coordinate external audit with auditor
- Joint venture: accounting, financial statement reporting and process documentation preparation
- Rent: liaise with Regional Facilities Lead to oversee real-estate lease/sublease contracts and tenant allowances, prepare amortization schedules and review monthly journal entries
- Month-end accounting close: assist with month-end closings including account analyses and reconciliations
- Executive reporting and analysis: perform and present detailed variance analysis
- Other tax and legal tasks: assist with tax process documentation and research
- Provide cross functional assistance to other teams to support new and ongoing business initiatives
- Provide other ad-hoc support as needed on company projects and initiatives
- Experience from a public accounting firm or minimum 3 years of financial accounting and tax experience dealing with month-end close, tax compliance, and financial reporting
- CPA license (or equivalent) or CPA license close to finalization
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26717.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.