ARE YOU A DYNAMIC, HIGHLY MOTIVATED INDIVIDUAL LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE? Our client is looking for a Senior Manager to provide timely closing of the books and records.
Senior Manager of Financial Reporting & Policy
About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a rapidly growing, global cannabis company where you will always be challenged every day. This position and team will evolve and grow over time, allowing you to grow while in the role. As a key member of the Finance team, you will provide a strategic vision and ensure compliance with accounting standards and the support and review of financial reporting.
Why Work Here
- All star C-suite team with track record of value creation and success
- Incredible upside potential for the cannabis space
- Opportunity to build your team
- VP and CFO are amazing leaders and mentors
About the Opportunity
- Implement new financial reporting standards as required by IFRS or US GAAP and communicate new accounting standards and external developments in IFRS and US GAAP
- Assess impacts on financial reporting processes and internal controls as well as changes to business metrics resulting from new accounting standards
- Prepare and review technical accounting memos on transactions and initiatives
- Prepare disclosures and review financial statements, note disclosures for the quarterly and annual financial statements required for external reporting as directed by Senior Director of Financial Reporting
- Prepare disclosures and review Management’s Discussion & Analysis as directed by Senior Director of Financial Reporting
- Prepare monthly management reporting to the Senior Leadership Team
- Prepare materials and training in order to provide the broader finance team with a portion of their CPD hours
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years experience of financial/corporate accounting experience, including auditing public companies
- Experience with IFRS and US GAAP and external financial reporting of publicly traded companies
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
$110,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23481.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.