ARE YOU A LINUX/UNIX ADMINISTRATOR LOOKING TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON ONE OF CANADA'S LONGEST STANDING ORGANIZATIONS? Our client is seeking an experienced professional to join their team for a 9 month contract.
Linux/Unix Administrator - 9 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
- Participates in projects to configure and administer the Unix systems within the network including user services, security, software applications, file services and backup
- Participates in planning of migrations to new/improved hardware and software products in AWS and DC's
- Participates in planning, design, and maintenance of new systems
- Assists technical staff in solving system problems and knowledge transfer
- Provide 3rd level support as needed to resolve the most complex and/or business impacting issues
- Maintain Linux servers, build, patching and general maintenance per build specs
- Performs related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree but will consider experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with Linux Red Hat, SUSE and Ubuntu
- Experience with SAN administration Dell / IBM / HP
- Experience with Load balancing using F5
- Experience with server virtualization using VMware (Linux)
- Experience with Puppet/Ansible
- Experience with IP Tables, DNS, and IP routing
- 3+ years' experience maintaining a corporate infrastructure consisting of multiple sites and data centres
- General knowledge of cloud architectures (AWS, Azure)
- General knowledge of protocols and network security
- Technical experience working with HA best practices
- Technical experience working with UTM based firewalls
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #22722.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.