About the Company
Our client is a leading insurance and financial services provider. They are currently looking for a Head of Group Finance to take responsibility for the accounting, financial reporting, and enterprise management functions of the business.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- The culture is laid back, warm and friendly
- Working hours are very deliverable-based meaning so as long as you deliver, the hours are flexible
About the Opportunity
- Review, analyze and interpret periodic financial results, providing direction on significant variances and trends requiring immediate action or mitigation
- Develop efficient reporting frameworks to enable the evaluation of long-term and short-term financial goals and performance
- Oversee budget and forecast preparation, collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial information
- Lead the presentation of quarterly results to the Group and Regional leaders
- Coach and manage the performance and career development of the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
- Review the consolidated internal and external reports prepared by the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
- Prepare reports, including support on the CFO report to the shareholders and the press release
- Prepare and deliver the monthly expense reports to function leaders and related stakeholders, including value-add analysis and commentary
- Provide support to Investor Relations, AM Best reporting and the annual renewal processes for the Group’s insurance and licenses
- Oversee the accounting of investment in subsidiaries and track tax benefits owed to the Parent by its various subsidiaries
- Manage the Group audits and relationship with the external auditors
- Co-manage the Annual General Meeting, annual report and earnings release processes
- Oversee compliance of Group regulatory reporting requirements. This includes filing of the consolidated reports and returns to the respective Stock Exchange and the respective Monetary Authority
- Oversee the compliance of the Group’s Canadian tax filings
- Oversee all aspects of accounting functions including maintenance of the general ledger, fixed assets ledger, reconciliations and the budgeting system across the Group
- Oversee documentation and implementation of accounting policies and internal controls, establishing best practices across the Group’s finance functions
- CPA or equivalent
- Insurance industry experience
- Direct from the firm or from industry
- Foreign Experience permitted
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29631.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.