About the Company
Our client is a leading global fresh item management software company, and they are looking for a Full-Time Director, Development.
About the Opportunity
- The Director, Development, will be responsible for taking the development efforts at the company into the future
- This is a hands on role, where the Director will have a pulse of the day to day development efforts at the company (know sprint activities, full ownership of development team), while managing the strategic efforts as the organization transitions its on-prem software solution to the cloud (SaaS)
- The director will provide technical leadership and guidance and help facilitate the team to build out new capabilities and/or systems that drive efficiency of execution while solving for scale, resilience, and reliability at the same time
- The Director will and grow technical leaders and help them be successful individual contributors or managers
- Modernize legacy application by using open standards and cloud-based design patterns
- Contribute to the transformation of the organization by working with Cloud and DevOps developers to build a state of the art CI/CD focused development environment
- Support the organization in adopting a DevOps culture
- Provide high level development project estimates to the business, engaging with team leads and development
- 7+ years managing leaders of software engineering teams in Web-based and Client/Server applications, including managing multiple on-shore/off-shore software engineering teams
- Proven track record of working in a DevOps culture (CI/CD pipelines)
- Demonstrated experience with modernizing applications
- Proficient with software development methodologies like Agile, Test-Driven development
- Proven experience with transition to SaaS environment
- Experience in DevOps pipelines, based around Github Actions and Azure DevOps an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30446.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.