ARE YOU A SEASONED DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNTANT LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE? Our client is seeking a driven professional to join their team for a 6-8 month contract with the potential for it to become permanent.
Development Accountant? - 6 to 8 Month Contract to Permanent
About the Opportunity
- Overseeing and directing every aspect of the accounting function, including everyday accounting activities, month-end processes, financial and management reporting and cash management
- Developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial reports for all projects
- Processing the full cycle of accounts payable, including:
- Posting payable entries
- Preparing loan draw documents
- Coordinating with project monitor and reviewing report
- Cheques issuing
- Responding to enquiries from vendors
- Vendor accounts reconciling
- Coordinating, reviewing and analyzing monthly construction progress billing invoices to ensure billing accuracy, fee reconciliation and ledger balance
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met, including WSIB filings and GST/HST filings
- Performing monthly bank account reconciliation
- Preparing and reviewing monthly job costs and budget reporting
- Preparing annual year-end financial reports and providing all information for external accountants for financial statements and tax filings
- Assisting with special projects as required
- Post-secondary education with a specialty in Accounting
- Designation or working towards a CPA designation is an asset
- Deep understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role in real estate development industry
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly driven, committed, organized and flexible with the ability to meet challenging deadlines and multiple priorities
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
$25 - $31/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24019.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.