About the Opportunity
- Prepare full accounting cycle for multiple development projects of the Development Group
- Prepare Project budgets in Yardi from internally prepared Development Project Proformas
- Assist in the preparation of the development Group’s annual budget, cash flows, and other financial summaries
- Support cost tracking of active projects for the Development Group and non-active projects for Tricap General
- Prepare internal and external reporting for each project, which will include creating or assisting in PowerPoint presentations
- Liaise and work with other departments and external contractors to perform accounting tasks and ad hoc analyses of development projects
- Perform monthly calculations, reconciliations and recording of revenues, various fees, interest and commissions for each project
- Perform timely month-end close and ensure recording all pertinent transactions including setting up monthly accruals
- Support completion of quarterly reforecasts for the development projects by preparing and updating working schedules for financial projections and cash projections
- Support Treasury function by preparing cash position reports and maintaining a letters of credit schedule
- Prepare and process construction payments, and cash flow, record and reconcile project contributions to ensure sufficient project liquidity. Assist in cash flow reconciliations and analysis.
- Work with development team to analyze actuals against budget
- Assist in the acquisition of new properties including due diligence and Yardi set up
- PO & Invoice administration for the Development group
- Prepare, maintain, and make ongoing improvements to Excel templates for period end, reforecast, annual budgets, and other
- Provide support to the tax teams, respond to queries
- Other ad hoc projects, as required from time to time
- CPA designation or pursuing CPA designation
- 3-4 Years working experience (in Commercial real estate industry)
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbal and written)
- Detail oriented, organized, strong work ethic
- Customer-focused and works well with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Intermediate (or higher) skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Working experience with Yardi Voyager is highly preferred
$75,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #375713.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.