About the Company
Our client is a leading insurance company providing a wide range of products and services. They are currently looking for a Corporate Accounting Specialist to take responsibility for all aspects of consolidated financial accounting and reporting.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Amazing collaborative culture with little to no turnover
- Work with an amazing group of professionals
- Always interesting and challenging projects on the go
- Work for an excellent boss
- Great work-life balance
About the Opportunity
- Preparing and reviewing consolidated accounting and reporting, while validating compliance with IFRS
- Identifying and assisting with resolution of corporate accounting process issues to create efficiency and effectiveness
- Contributing and supporting IFRS projects by assessing the impact of new standards, preparing accounting policy papers, establishing and implementing new processes to capture required data, and revising disclosure requirements in financial statements
- Researching, recommending, implementing, and documenting accounting and related disclosures for mergers, acquisitions, and/or divestitures
- Acting as the primary contact for senior management on consolidated accounting issues and for external auditors during quarterly reviews
- CPA, CA
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- Ability to write technical memos and do accounting policy research
- Insurance experience is a strong asset
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29732.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.