About the Opportunity
- Accurately maintain the general ledgers of numerous investment and holdings entities, including consolidation and intercompany accounts
- Perform key accounting control functions, including preparation of bank and investment reconciliations, coding of invoices, and weekly treasury reports
- Assist the Finance team with preparing quarterly and annual financial information for external reports to investors and regulatory filings
- Prepare working papers and compliance filings for various taxation authorities (HST, payroll withholding, corporate tax, etc.)
- Prepare working papers and assist in coordinating the annual audit, including liaising with external auditors, drafting financial statements, and researching accounting policies and standards
- Perform accounting tasks related to the processing of Accounts Payable transactions, including but not limited to coding and verifying invoices, general ledger coding and verifying invoices, general ledger coding of Accounts Payable, performing cheque runs, tracking expenses, and processing expense reports (when required)
- Provide support and assistance with various other projects as required
- Post-secondary business or finance degree
- Organizational and communication skills
- Proficient with standard accounting software (Sage Accpac, Advent Geneva, Yardi, JD Edwards, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Azure
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Enrolled in the CPA program or other comparable accounting certification
- Ability to be analytical, problem-solve and make decisions using logical processes
- Highly motivated and deadline driven work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
$50,000 - $55,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29580.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.