About the Opportunity
- Responsible for monthly updating of accounting for corporate entities while ensuring internal controls are followed
- Analyze balance sheet accounts and maintain detailed working papers
- Prepare monthly chargebacks for payroll and other overhead costs to limited partnerships.
- Preparing monthly cash flow for limited partnerships for review.
- Responsible for accurately billing monthly management fees and other fees payable from time to time, as per our agreements with partnerships.
- Responsible for maintaining and uploading investors’ distributions as per schedule
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Review and code invoices for approval
- Prepare all government remittances and ensure all filings are done by the due date
- Prepare HST reconciliations and returns
- Prepare management fee reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Prepare year end working papers for corporate entities and limited partnerships and assist with audit queries
- Assist with special projects
- University degree or college diploma in an accounting related field of study
- Minimum of 3+ years of corporate accounting experience (preferably in real estate industry)
- Can work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and cope with changing priorities
- Good communication skills verbal and written with the ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office with an emphasis on Excel
- Good overall computer skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Yardi Voyager experience is preferred
$65,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29177.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.