About the Opportunity
- Full cycle accounting for a portfolio of commercial/industrial properties.
- Prepare monthly financial statements (including Balance Sheet, Income Statement and supporting schedules) ensuring that deadlines are met
- Identify and analyze budget variance
- Prepare monthly GST/HST reconciliations and insure they are filed and paid on time
- Prepare and review monthly bank reconciliation
- Analysis of A/R & A/P and preparation of detailed account reconciliations
- Review A/R list monthly for collection problems and assist property administrators to clear accounts
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of annual operating budgets
- Enter tenant lease and rent information provided by leasing staff and adjust tenant ledgers
- Prepare monthly rent roll billings and electronic payment files
- Review and approve A/P and A/R data input of a junior accountant for accuracy
- Prepare and reconcile CAM & Tax recoveries
- Prepare year end audit working papers
- Liaise with auditors and provide timely response to their queries
- Undertakes ad hoc projects and other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time
- Minimum 5 years experience in Commercial Property Management industry
- Detail oriented and strong time management skills
- Proven strong organizational, analytical, technical and communication skills
- Above average computer skills in Excel, Word, other Microsoft Office Programs, and knowledge in property accounting systems.
- Experience with MRI is an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27574.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.