About the Company
Our client is a Tier 2 bank. They are looking for a Chief Risk Officer who will report to the President and is responsible for governing risk management framework and the enterprise wide risk function for the Bank.
About the Opportunity
- Develop and perform the independent oversight function for the Bank - such as appropriate risk assessments, monitoring, and mitigation for the Bank's Board of Directors.
- Reporting the Bank's enterprise-wide risk directly to the Risk Management Committee and/or the Bank's Board of Directors.
- Communicating with (OSFI) - Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions complying with the instructions of regulatory reports to ensure accurate, complete and timely reporting and filing of the Bank’s regulatory reports.
- Identify, assess, monitor and report on the risk of the Bank on an enterprise-wide and disaggregate level, independently of the business lines or operational management.
- Responsible for having process and controls in place to assess the accuracy of any risk information or analysis provided by business lines in order to be in a position to offer objective reporting to the Board, and periodically seeking assurances.
- Mandated to have ownership of the Risk Appetite Framework, Internal Control
- Framework, and ICAAP [Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment and Process] compiling the enterprise-wide risk, finding control deficiencies, and assessing the adequacy of capital planning.
- Mandated to independently perform loan review and monitoring function separated from credit approval process.
- Create and foster a cohesive team, and promote a positive work environment
- Coach a team of direct reports, managing performance to achieve business
- Sundry duties as assigned
- CPA, or FRM designation or in progress
- 10+ years of senior experience in risk-related position in the financial service industry, ideally leading an enterprise risk function
- Experience with industry best practices and professional standards
$140,000 - $190,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #304948.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.