About the Opportunity
- Making daily collection calls, releasing orders, processing payments, full cycle accounts receivable from beginning to end from order release to collection to payment application
- Sending out statements, receipts, invoices and other required information to individual customers
- Follow up with customers for collection on outstanding invoices, resolving short-payment, over-payment issues
- Identifying any high risk accounts and collection issues for Finance team and working with Finance team and client in obtaining payment plans
- Following established procedure for processing deductions, discounts, discrepancies, write offs, receipts, etc.
- Ensuring that receipts are processed in a timely manner in the system and payments are applied to invoices
- Review accounts receivable trial balance for customers and investigate balances, offsets, and investigate any issues and come up with the right set of action (collect, offset, apply payment, write-off, provision, etc.,)
- Communicating deposit information to clients and receipts and EFT information to clients
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies and deductions by working with various departments and client,
- Investigating and resolving clients and customers inquiries
- Providing statements and reconciling customer accounts as needed
- Communicating to internal department and client any issues or trends concerning clients’ receivables
- Preparing month-end reports and reconciliation of clients AR between sub-ledger and general-ledger
- Acting as the liaison with responsible departments to ensure all AR activities are carried-out in accordance with Client Manual
- Maintaining required DSO on assigned accounts and analyzing the accounts and escalating and resolving issues to clients externally and internally and keeping the accounts receivable sub-ledger clean and current
- Ensuring month end billing on assigned company clients or revenue streams is accurate and timely
- Maintaining Accounts Receivable filing system, standard operating procedures and notes for clients
- Other accounting/administrative/special assignment and other duties as assigned
- Responsible for providing invoices, statements, investigation of short-payment and tax issues and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Supporting projects related to accounts receivable and order release such – testing reports, system orders, IT projects and system projects related to Accounts receivable, payment application, etc.
- College level Accounting certificate or diploma.
- Bilingual required (English and French) communication including read and write
- Minimum of 2 years accounts receivable full cycle and general accounting experience
- Intermediate level competency in Microsoft Office Word/Excel/Outlook
- Intermediate level competency in ACCPAC and Microsoft GP
- Excellent planning and attention to detail with high level of accuracy and analysis skills in investigating and resolving discrepancies and escalating findings as necessary
- High level of accuracy and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high volume of transactions and able to multitask
- Strong problem solving, decision-making skills and sense of urgency in dealing with clients
- Able to build and manage relationships within team, cross functional departments and clients
- Able to read, write and understand English and French and meet with clients as necessary
- Above average attention to detail
- Exemplary interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
$55,000 - $60,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29450.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.