About the Company
Our client is a leading government organization. They are currently looking for an Audit Manager to take on a multitude of broader supervisory and accounting tasks within the organization to further its goals.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package (5 weeks vacation, defined benefit pension plan with matching, etc.)
- Work for a well-reputed organization, with a robust team.
- Tons of opportunity for growth and promotions
About the Opportunity
- Provide managerial leadership for audits.
- Develop strategies for conducting audits, including time frames and audit budgets, by obtaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the activities of the audit entity, legislation, policies, programs and organizational relationships, as well as by gathering information from other jurisdictions and from experts in the field being audited.
- Develop and communicate audit plans, issues and recommendations to the Audit Director and Assistant Auditor General (AAG) and senior auditee management.
- Prepare draft audit reports/management letters and ensure issues presented in these are well supported by sufficient audit evidence in accordance with professional auditing standards and office guidelines.
- Assist the Audit Director and AAG in researching and updating the risk-ranked audit universe and recommend the audits to be conducted each year.
- Provide constructive comments for improvements or clarification of other audit reports as part of the Office Report Challenge Team.
- Assist in determining the staff required for each audit and appropriately assigning work to each member of the audit team.
- Resolve team conflicts and counsel staff as required.
- Keep team motivated through audit opportunities and ongoing training and development.
- Demonstrate exemplary conduct and personal integrity and promote a safe workplace as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complete timely and constructive performance appraisals.
- CPA (any) or CIA, etc.
- 7-8+ years experience in an audit role (Firm or Industry)
- 3+ years experience in a Managerial position
- Public Accounting Experience (Big/Mid-size Firm) is a strong asset
- Work experience in the public sector is a strong asset
- Knowledge of PSAB is a plus
$105,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29208.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.