About the Company
Our client is a leading investment and management firm. They are currently looking for an Assistant Controller, to be responsible for supporting the daily operations of the Corporate Accounting Function and assist the VP, Finance in financial aspects of the business including reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
Why Work Here
- Great work life balance
- Strong total compensation package.
- Room for growth if successful in this role
About the Opportunity
- Assist in the timely and accurate reporting of all financial and management information relating to the consolidated Company, its subsidiaries and its managed funds. The financial statements are prepared in accordance with IFRS
- Prepare the consolidation of the Company’s subsidiaries, including operating businesses and managed investment funds under IFRS;
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure across the Company’s subsidiaries and managed investment funds;
- Compile and enhance financial and management reporting packages, including
- Participate in the review of complete and accurate financial information in respect of all portfolio companies within the Company’s newly-formed shared services function; and
- Support all post-acquisition integration processes in respect of accounting and finance related matters, including: (i) revenue recognition analysis to ensure compliance with IFRS and identification and analysis of other IFRS matters; (ii) analysis of the impacts of the consolidation of new operating business entities; and (iii) review of quarterly operating business financial reporting for accuracy and opportunities for improvement of reporting packages.
- Assist in the preparation of tax filings for the Company’s subsidiaries as required.
- Prepare year-end financial information to be disseminated to the external auditors, including the quarterly financial reporting package.
- Minimum of five years progressive work experience
- Strong operational accounting and financial reporting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #337380.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.