About the Company
Our client is an asset management company . They are looking for a Tax Manager who will be responsible for tax matters affecting our pooled and mutual fund offerings and with senior management in support of proposed business transactions.
Why Work Here
- Organization is very dynamic and cohesive, plenty of interaction between divisions
- Office is a bright, professional and open concept
- The leadership team is experienced, proven and very involved in the business. There are many corporate events including monthly team gatherings
About the Opportunity
- The first half of the year is devoted to preparation and review of tax returns for the many partnerships and corporations that make up our organizational structure.
- January to March focuses on T5013 partnership returns, while May and June are spent preparing T2 corporate tax returns. The month of April offers a break between these two busy peaks.
- Over the balance of the year, the work shifts toward establishing our filing positions for the coming year-end and working with various constituents in support of significant asset acquisitions and business reorganizations, as well as:
- preparing FGL’s tax accrual working papers;
- handling Canadian foreign reporting obligations including transfer pricing policy updates and considering how securities transactions in other countries are subject to tax;
- combining independent research and consultation with external advisors to understand the tax implications of business activities outside Canada;
- acting as the main point of contact for external tax preparers responsible for preparing tax returns for our US, UK and India domiciled funds and subsidiaries;
- fielding queries from client-facing staff on tax-related matters; and
- educating our senior management and other decision-makers on tax matters—presenting information in a manner that allows those less initiated to understand the key tax implications of proposed transactions.
- Three years or more in the tax department of an accounting firm or in industry
- Experience preparing or reviewing T2 and T5013 returns
- Must understand tax integration, refundable taxes , Part IV tax and how to effectively move profits upstream through multiple tiers of corporations and partnerships
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #329618.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.