About the Company
Our client is a leading provider of professional services for their clients. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, to be an integral part of clients’ day-to-day operations, and provide financial, operational and strategic advice to various public companies.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to make a generous income with 1+ years of work and service
- Currently working from home
About the Opportunity
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ existing operations, strategic plans and financials as well as industry-specific issues
- Consult with clients’ senior management and directors to provide advice and guidance on operational and strategic decisions
- Provide business and financial insights to assist clients in building the organizational infrastructure and processes
- Prepare and manage ongoing operational budgets
- Participate in board meetings and ensure financial results are explained in a clear and concise manner, including answering questions from board members and shareholders around the financial statements
- Manage the financial elements of clients’ business, including, but not limited to:
- Prepare and/or review the interim and annual financial statements in Caseview in compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Prepare and/or review consolidation working papers and elimination entries for client with more than one legal entity, including foreign subsidiaries
- Ensure clients are in compliance with regulatory bodies’ disclosure requirements by working closely with clients to identify any unusual transactions and review press releases to ensure all such transactions are captured
- Review and discuss any significant accounting issues in the quarter with clients
- Review and oversee work performed by Bookkeepers, including journal entries, to ensure accuracy and completeness of transactions in QuickBooks
- Review expenses for unusual trends, ensuring accuracy of allocation and classification
- Prepare and/or review supporting working papers, schedules in the notes and all numbers to ensure they agree to draft unaudited financial statements
- Prepare and post adjusting and closing journal entries, as well as entries for any complex transactions
- CPA with a public accounting background (Large Mid Sized firm preferred)
- Polished with strong communication skills and the ability to speak well
- Strong presentation skills (ability to present to Board of Directors and Audit Committee)
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29814.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.