About the Company
Our client is a distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst- Demand Planning. This role will manage the demand planning processes as they support Sales, Operation, and Planning (S&OP) journey and will collaborate with the commercial teams to ensure that the demand plan released to Supply Planning accurately reflects the businesses’ forecasts.
Why Work Here
- Team is fairly new, lots of opportunities for growth, training, development
- High growth company, expanding team
- High exposure role within a cross functional team
About the Opportunity
- Develops, integrates and provides account of forecasts for sales and operations planning which includes replenishment data, sales activity, marketing plans, capacity planning, and new distribution product additions and deletions.
- Assists in the improvement of demand forecasting accuracy, including determining the appropriate models and algorithm for statistical forecasts.
- Maintains and manages product history, accurate forecasting, and promotional demand.
- Analyzes demand stream information and categorizes according to demand patterns.
- Aligns sales/marketing intelligence for each business operating unit for use in forecast systems, working with the sales organization, marketing, and related Supply Chain Analysts.
- Works with the business partners to ensure the demand plan accurately reflects the business forecast with special attention given to launches, phase-outs, growth rates, growth patterns, and revenue vs. non-revenue ratios.
- Leverage the support of the marketing and sales, to shape the demand plan.
- Support the generation of reporting and analysis used in S&OP
- Understand the main exception-based issues that need to be brought forward (e.g. month on month changes, deltas between demand and financial projections), will build compelling presentations supporting the required decision making.
- Continuously explores ways to improve the Demand Planning process and support/lead process improvement projects.
- Manage the aged inventory discussions with the various stakeholders, capturing the action plans and tracking progress
- Ongoing analysis of inventory levels by product line against forecast and management of the classification of inventory according to established policies and procedures
- Lead the establishment of financial metrics for the lines of business utilizing industry best practices, ie. Inventory metrics, GMROI metrics etc to measure the cost of carrying inventory
- CPIM/ CSCP certified (ASCM/SCC/IBF or other industry equivalent)
- Direct experience in a Demand Planning or Forecasting role in a large distributor, manufacturer or retail environment
- Advanced/in-depth knowledge of Excel, Power BI, and related products
$85,000 to $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #343999.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.