About the Company
Our client is a global financial services organization that is publicly-listed. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be expected to perform analysis and reporting of subsidiaries financial statements, the preparation of board reports, perform regulatory reporting requirements and support external audit activities. The SFA will be heavily involved in financial statement automation to help streamline and develop monthly and quarterly reporting efficiencies.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Tons of opportunity for career growth and progression available within this team and organization
- Flexible work policies and strong work life balance
- Very strong leadership team who will support and mentor, with opportunity for progression
- Lead the preparation of financial statements and disclosures for a number of subsidiaries
- Lead the preparation of CFO and Board of Directors reporting packages on a quarterly basis
- Prepare balance sheet roll-forward schedules, explaining quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year changes
- Prepare legal entity regulatory reporting requirements for US and Canadian subsidiaries, on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Support financial analysis of product development initiatives
- Oversight of financial statement preparation and coordination of annual external audits for US and Canadian subsidiaries
- Assist in coordination of tax filings and tax compliance
- Provide prompt and accurate service to setup and evaluate the financial reporting implications of new products and initiatives
- Working with the team, develop and implement processes and controls to support legal entity reporting and appropriate oversight and review from a regulatory reporting perspective.
- Liaise with revenue and billing team to assist with special projects and monthly/quarterly reporting requirements
- Work independently or with management to identify complex operational business issues
- Develop solutions to automate existing manual processes within Global WAM
- Prepare memos and supporting documentation for accounting policy changes and dividend projections and communicate to all stakeholders
- Lead meetings with business stakeholders to analyze and document business processes and collect business requirements for new solutions
- CPA designation or in-progress
- Public accounting/ audit experience is a strong asset
- Experienced with IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in accounting, preferably within the Financial Services sector
- Experience with financial reporting tools such as Essbase/Smart View would be an asset
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 345324.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.