About the Company
Our client is an insurance company. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their finance team.
Why Work Here
- Small insurance company, so someone can make a huge difference within the company
- Small team, very visible role
- Opportunity for growth within the company
About the Opportunity
- Work with management to develop forecasts for new business lines and any associated analysis
- Model new projects to evaluate new business opportunities
- Develop financial scenarios and other analysis to support new initiatives and products
- Assist in developing business case presentations using NPV, IRR, and other tools in support of strategic product initiatives
- Creation of the monthly KPI dashboards for management.
- Help review financial reporting systems and assist with on-going upgrades conjunction with improving business processes.
- Assist with reconciliation process as needed.
- Month end and quarterly reporting
- Provide lines of business variance analysis (actuals vs budget)
- Provide results analysis by business lines; perform gap analyses (Plan vs Forecast)
- Perform and contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual tasks for financial reporting
- Prepare Journal Entries and perform account reconciliations
- Support the preparation of monthly regulatory reporting
- Perform ad hoc analyses for projects as assigned
- Participate in the identification of Continuous Improvement projects and cost reduction initiatives
- Assist in yearend audit requests
- Work with actuarial group to facilitate data exchanges as needed.
- Research new accounting standards and work as part of the team to implement required changes for reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years' experience in Finance role
- Experience in or currently working in insurance industry with insurance accounting skills including exposure to reserving, IFRS17 and preparation of regulatory reporting requirements for P&C1
- Excellent PC skills: demonstrated strength using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, and V-Lookups
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #340242.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.