About the Company
Our client is a fully integrated commercial real estate advisory and capital firm. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst
Why Work Here
- Progression to Manager likely within a year as the fund expands.
- Lots of room for growth
- Interesting hybrid role with an excellent compensation package.
About the Opportunity
- Financial lead for the company’s first investment fund, which includes working with the VP, Corporate Finance, to design and implement the processes and procedures to support the launch and ongoing day-to-day financial management of the Fund
- As part of this startup phase, the Senior Financial Analyst will lead / assist in:
- Developing and managing a cash flow model to project future cash requirements for the Fund;
- Coordinating with the investment team to understand the Fund’s cash flow needs, including understanding the economics of investment opportunities, to ensure sufficient liquidity to support the Fund’s operational needs;
- Developing and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reporting packages for management and investors including fund performance and returns, asset values, fee reconciliations, and other key performance measures; and
- Implementing Yardi Investment Manager to automate the investment accounting, performance measurement and investor reporting for the Fund.
- Collaborate with the investment and development teams in understanding, incorporating, and communicating their activities into forecasts and models.
- Understand, record and document complex transactions including acquisitions and dispositions.
- Prepare audited financial statements for the Fund and related entities
- Prepare and coordinate all information required for fund audit, tax and compliance purposes.
- Supporting the VP, Corporate Finance and CFO with business analytics, cash flow management and other ad hoc analysis for the Company, as required.
- Establish and maintain internal controls.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of internal processes to seek opportunities for process improvements.
- Offer service excellence to all customers; both internal and external.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive accounting experience in a national accounting firm and /or similar experience within the commercial real estate industry.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
$90,000 to $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #322480.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.