About the Company
Our client is a leading natural resources company. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst that will be responsible for the group consolidation of financial data from subsidiaries and joint ventures entities and assist in the preparation of timely and accurate consolidated financial statements on the Corporate Reporting team.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Fast-paced, collaborative environment and supportive of professional development.
- Strong company culture with low turnover
About the Opportunity
- Assist with the monthly consolidation process as prepared by the Financial Consolidation and Reporting Analyst
- Prepare the quarterly consolidated financial statements and assist with the MD&A as necessary
- Act as main liaison with external auditors
- Conduct IFRS research to develop policies on technical accounting requirements.
- Prepare and review ad-hoc statutory financial statements for the subsidiaries
- Review monthly journal entries for corporate entities as prepared by the Senior Corporate Accountant
- Lead system and process implementation/improvements within the financial reporting group
- Assist with other special projects within the VP of Finance’s group including FP&A, tax, and treasury
- Assist with the development and enforcement of business and financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Assist with enhancing the state of internal controls framework at the corporate office and at the Company’s sites to ensure reliability and effectiveness of financial systems and controls and compliance with the SOX Section 404
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, evolving regulatory requirements, changes to financial reporting systems and assess potential impacts
- Provide training to the global finance teams
- 4 years of related work experience in financial reporting roles with mining industry and international experience (US regulatory and SOX experience highly preferred)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Experience from Mining/Oil/Gas industry
- Strong background in external financial reporting & MD&A
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30597.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.