About the Company
Our client is a leading equipment supplies company servicing the construction, mining, and forestry industries. They are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to oversee the daily accounting activities, including month-end reconciliations and support with financial statement preparation.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Fantastic opportunity to join a very stable company that continues to grow and expand
- Company has experienced organic growth by 50% over the last 10 years
- Upward progression opportunities and strong mentorship from management
- Very inclusive environment, collaborative culture and a strong culture that rewards exceptional performance
- Family type of atmosphere that is supportive of professional development and recognizes top performers
About the Opportunity
- Perform daily accounting activities including general ledger update
- Update management reports as necessary
- Perform and document various daily bank transactions including bank wires and inter-account transfers
- Prepare bank reconciliations and lead-sheet analysis
- Record monthly journal entries and related reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of various financial reports
- Provide assistance with preparation of the annual budgets
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of general ledger control accounts against sub-ledgers or supporting schedules
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual sales tax returns across group of companies
- Assist with the preparation of annual external audit support and necessary documentation
- Maintain and improve internal control policies and procedures
- Adhere to a continuous improvement culture within the department
- CPA (any), ideally with 3-5 years of experience
- Industry (FA or SFA) Experience
- Strong full-cycle accounting (ASPE or IFRS) experience
- Relevant industry exposure (preferably in tangible goods)
- Advanced Excel skills
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29500.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.