About the Company
Our client is in the retail industry that is looking to expand. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support the timely and accurate preparation of period-end, quarterly and annual financial statements.
Why Work Here
- Very good, entrepreneurial environment
- Positive culture with supportive management team
About the Opportunity
- Perform Lease accounting, reporting and disclosures as per IFRS 16 relating to property leases and equipment;
- Perform Income Taxes accounting, reporting and disclosures
- Prepare and maintain Impairment testing and analysis for Goodwill, Intangibles and Property Plant and Equipment
- Assist in the preparation of Business Combinations and Purchase Price Adjustment memo’s and journal entries relating to strategic acquisitions
- Prepare period-end journal entries for areas responsible and perform reconciliations
- Analyze the financial results, including highlighting accounting, financial and operational issues
- Perform period-end, quarter-end and year-end close analytics and variance analysis for P&L and B/S areas of responsibility
- Assist in the preparation of notes and disclosures to annual and quarterly financial statements
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to perform walkthroughs of processes owned and provide audit
- 3 to 4 years progressive experience in Accounting / Auditing
- Strong IFRS technical accounting background with specific experience in applying IFRS 16, IAS 12, IAS 36, IFRS 3
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please no that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28665.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.