About the Company
Our client is one of Canada's largest organizations in the electrical equipment manufacturing industry. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be will be splitting their time between Accounting and Analysis, with the opportunity to get involved on numerous projects related to growth and related acquisition(s).
Why Work Here
- Growing company
- 100% Employer paid Medical & Dental benefits
- Annual Health & Wellness Spending Accounts
- Professional Growth & Development
About the Opportunity
- Financial analysis to investigate and explain variances
- Work with operational leaders to provide insights into financial results
- Look for cost savings and efficiencies
- Prime (CHP) project and prime service accounting while working closely with the prime sales and prime service teams
- ERP implementation project support
- Process mapping and instruction documentation, including process improvements
- Run fixed asset depreciation and reconcile subledger to general ledger and to the fixed asset schedules of the respective company
- Consolidated equipment schedules for insurance purposes
- Monthly Percentage of Completion project accounting (POC), including revenue recognition adjustments and cost accruals
- Monthly Service WIP reconciliation, including investigating and correcting any discrepancies
- Reviewing, investigating and correcting transactions, as needed (projects, service, parts, etc.)
- Ad-Hoc reporting, including support, as needed, for forecasting and projections
- Assist with the annual budget
- Co-ordinate all auditors’ requests during the year-end audit
- Provide support during the annual inventory counts, as needed
- Other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time consistent with the position of Senior Accountant and the job description and duties set out herein
- CPA designation or close to completion
- 5 years of relevant experience in multi-department, multi-branch environment with separate cost centers in multiple provinces
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience in a tangible goods company
Up to $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #281708.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.