The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for overseeing the planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis of actual results. The development of key performance indicators is a primary deliverable, including the development and maintenance of financial models. Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, this position will also provide strategic advice to senior business leaders, while supporting the company’s growth and development, as well as acting as a catalyst for positive and dynamic change.
About the Opportunity
- Supporting business unit leaders and provide analysis that is actionable as well as provides management with the ability to appropriately manage costs
- Support an efficient and comprehensive process for developing financial plans (annual budgets, regular forecasts in the latter part of any fiscal year, and longer-term strategic plans) that links analysis to the company’s strategic objectives
- Preparing high quality, timely and accurate monthly reporting packages for the executive and senior management team that provides summary and segment variance analyses (business unit / asset class), KPI’s, and insights into key business trends. Calculate actuals costs by asset class to compare against the client Reference Fees
- Conducting deep dive analyses of specific targeted line items and expense categories, as requested by the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, Vice President, Corporate Finance or the Chief Financial Officer
- Preparing high quality financial analysis and presentations for executives, senior management, clients, and Boards of Directors, as required
- Ensuring the functionality and accuracy of financial forecasting models, including maintaining the inputs, outputs and key assumptions
- Participate in the implementation of Adaptive Insights, the company’s corporate budgeting and planning tool
- Support the external benchmarking of costs with the company’s peer group and the completion of cost surveys through CEM Benchmarking
- Prepare analysis and trend reports to assist the Corporate Finance team with reviewing results and monitoring cost centre and asset class budget to actual comparisons on a timely basis
- Ensure that the company’s systems are properly applying the approved cost allocation policies and methodologies, both at the asset class and client level and that agency/statistical data are uploaded into Workday
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Controller team to ensure project costs are properly tagged and reported against project budgets
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy start-up environment and participating in the creation of foundational processes to scale-up the organization
- Prepare process documentation related to the FP&A function with clearly defined roles and responsibilities and embedded controls
- Supporting a culture of financial transparency and continuous improvement
- Participating in special projects, as assigned
- CPA designation
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial planning and analysis is required
- Experience in the asset management industry, financial services industry or a start-up is considered an asset
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25513.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.