ARE YOU A DRIVEN AND DESIGNATED PROFESSIONAL LOOKING FOR A GREAT ROLE? Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join their dynamic team.
Senior Financial Analyst
About the Opportunity
- Lead the month-end reporting process by producing income statements and balance sheets, preparing the consolidating entries and working papers, and coordinate with the parent company to ensure deliverables are submitted by the deadlines and questions are addressed
- Perform analysis on P&L - based on inquiries from operations and Senior Management
- Perform P&L review of expense accounts and analyze cost fluctuations from month to month and year to year
- Provide support to reporting team as needed in order to ensure smooth month end closing
- Manage month end reporting and account reconciliations as allocated on a monthly basis
- Responsibility as the key finance prime for various operational teams to ensure smooth month end closing process, including addition of new GL accounts, Account Groups, Divisions, and any other required changes to the financial reports generated via internal programs
- Prepare annual budget and quarterly forecast for the consolidated balance sheet
- Support annual income tax returns for all legal entities by compiling data and coordinating with the corporate tax team
- Manage various finance process improvements and other ad hoc projects in conjunction with Finance Manager
- Bachelors degree in Commerce/Accounting
- Completed CPA accounting designation (Canadian CPA/CA/CMA/CGA)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles, including month end reporting
- Knowledge of income tax is an asset
- Experience leading the month-end reporting process is preferable
- Strong ability to analyze numbers and see variances
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #19415.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit