About the Opportunity
- Working cross functionally with Product Engineering to create a cloud environment suitable for software products
- Work with Product Engineering to assist with modernization efforts of our applications to make them more suited to cloud deployments where scalability and reliability are key
- Responsible for building continuous delivery, continuous deployment and continuous improvement by creating a CI/CD pipeline that leverages infrastructure as code to build repeatable environments for customers
- Work closely with other department to move Jira Issues to resolution and better understand the challenges of the product
- Design, Implement and Manage the necessary tooling to drive automation across the platform
- Implement best of breed monitoring of our SaaS based solutions with tight integration to our applications, infrastructure, release mythology etc.
- Design and implement a high availability service architecture in support of cloud customers
- Solid understanding of cloud native design including Kubernetes, serverless and other Cloud native technology
- Understanding of operational concepts like network security, routing, and load balancing
- Solid understanding of modern authentication protocols such as JWT
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies
- Experience with Windows, Linux
- Leverage data, and an analytics mind-set to drive continuous improvement to our cloud operations and deliver insights to our customers and partners
- Experience in managing production systems on a large scale
- Good social interaction with the immediate team as well as other teams
- Excellent communication skills across multiple mediums
- Collaboration and project management tools such as Jira & Confluence
- Providing on call support to infrastructure and cloud tooling to support level 1 and level 2 customer support
- Understanding of how to engineer customer facing services
- Understanding of public cloud infrastructure design
- A solid understanding of modern DevOps and deployment automation practices
- Have built advanced CI/CD pipelines and understand the concept of blue/green deployment
- A deep understanding of automation, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous integration methodologies
- Understanding of common Cloud database technologies, both SQL and NonSQL
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, with exceptional verbal and written communication
- 5+ years of Cloud Engineering expertise across various platforms
- 3+ years’ experience with Azure
- 5+ years of implementing and maintaining cloud monitoring systems and monitoring cloud services for errors and issues
- Experience with DataDog is a strong asset
- 5+ years of hands-on cloud development experience and cloud design patterns such as 12 Factor
- Experience in hybrid Linux and Windows environments
- Have hands-on experience with modern CI/CD pipeline tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
- Understanding of secret management with tools such as Hasicorp Vault, Azure Keystore, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Terraform, Docker, cloud databases, Redis, and other common tooling
- B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/M.Sc in Computer Science/IT preferred (or any engineering field considered)
- Have deep technical experience in scripting and software development including experience with Python, Rest APIs, Go, C++, etc.
- Experience with modern development best practices such as JWT, Resful APIs, etc.
- Experience with AGILE development, SCRUM and Kanban
$150,000 - $180,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29031.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.