About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Global Credit, the Senior Associate, Global Credit will be primarily responsible for providing support to the team, as it pertains to the ongoing operations and administration of the Global Credit portfolio. The Senior Associate’s primary responsibility will be the end-to-end lifecycle of Global Credit investments, and on-going support of these investments (including capital calls, distributions, valuations, reporting).
- Prepare trade tickets for Capital Calls and Distributions as well as related investment accounting entries
- Facilitate investment closings by ensuring completeness of all necessary documentation and appropriate authorizations are in place
- Reconcile investment level financial statements and information to internal accounting records
- Review valuation reports and models to ensure that appropriate valuations are recognized/recorded and liaise with external vendors to satisfy queries/issues
- Participate in Global Credit solution implementation including data migration and testing/validation
- Prepare financial statement note support and reporting schedules for year-end purposes
- A university degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or a related discipline, CPA, CFA, and/or AACI designation (or working towards the designation) an asset
- 3+ years of experience in investment management, with direct experience working in Investment Finance or Investment Operations. Experience in the asset management industry is preferred
- Knowledge of Global Credit investment products, both public and private credit is essential
- Experience with system implementation an asset
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, Pension Accounting) an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27864.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.